Green walls (also known as plant walls, living walls or vertical gardens) have become an increasing trend of built environments in recent years. Integrating living nature into urban environments not only looks much more inviting but also has a number of other benefits and purposes.
Whether indoors or outdoors, free-standing or wall-attached, there is a suitable green wall for almost any situation. Green walls are comprised of plants that are arranged into a growing medium and then places on the walls of buildings and properties to provide greenery and the advantages of plants but using a minimum of horizontal space.
Green walls are built much the same way actual walls are. They are constructed with a skeletal structure that is hung with sections containing the plants and flowers that will make up the Green Wall.
Green walls differ from facades, which are often seen climbing up the outside walls of buildings, using them as structural assistance. In green walls, the growth medium is on the ground or structure of the wall, whereas facades are rooted in the ground. Moreover, the greenery of facades can take a long time to grow enough to cover an entire wall, while green walls may be pre-grown.
Requirements For a Green Wall
How to Set up The Green Wall
Step 1: Mounting the master tank
Initiate the master tank level in the bottom right corner of the wall.
Step 2: Joining Tanks
Fix the grommets and push them through the connector pipe to join the tanks.
Step 3: Mounting the secondary tank
Set the spacing between the tanks to between 0”- 1.58” to modify the width of the system. Place the level of the tank with each other and insert the stopper on the last tank.
Step 4: Install the drop sheet (optional)
The drop sheet changes the direction of water that escapes the pots due to installation or maintenance errors.
Step 5: Attach the rails to the tanks
Use the pilot holes given on the tanks to install the bottom screw on each rail.
Step 6: Level the rails and secure them
Level the rails and introduce the top screw on each of them.
Step 7: Stack and cut the rails
Cut the rails on notches provided, to your desired height.
Step 8: Pump assembly
Attach the first section of the irrigation pipe.
Step 9: Pump Installation
Position the assembled pump into the master tank, then place the irrigation pipe through the notch provided in the master tank.
Step 10: Install irrigation pipe
Install the irrigation pipe using the supplied cable ties to secure to the wall. Use the pipe connectors given to join the pipes.
Step 11: Install drippers
Stab holes in the pipe above the rails. Install the dripper and make sure it’s stuck in at a 45º downward angle.
Step 12: Extend drippers
Extend the dripper and insert it into the pot.
Step 13: Plant your seedlings
Transplant your seedlings from their grow pots, into the planter bags. Tie each bag into a hex pot.
Step 14: Pot installation
Clip the pots onto the rails and assure they’re all properly aligned. It’s simpler to load pots from bottom up.
Step 15: Test the Irrigation System
Test that all the drippers are inserted correctly into the pots. Test run the irrigation system for 1 to 2 hours and look out for leaks.
Top Tips for Living Plant Walls
- If you’re assembling your green wall to the side of a house, we recommend attaching a waterproof membrane to the wall before you begin, to prevent damp issues.
- The living plant wall needs watering around every two-three days depending on climate (unless you’ve chosen to add a voluntary irrigation system), more in summer – check by sticking a finger into the soil to see if the compost is dry.
- As for plant care, if you’ve chosen flowering plants, as always, you’ll desire to deadhead flowers to encourage new blooms later in the season.
- Foliage plants such as heucheras and ferns should be tidied up by snipping off tatty leaves, as needed.
- Annuals, in particular, usefulness from a liquid feed every couple of weeks in summer, although any display that’s in place for any duration of time will need feeding to keep it looking its best.
Here is the ultimate guide for the best green walls you can find.
Table of Contents:
The green wall is a new type of indoor and outdoor wall greening, green to your walls and to make it more beautiful.
They are also suitable for indoor decoration, a large piece of a green wall of collocation’s green plants can make people feel comfortable.
Check out these amazing features of the product
Do you love the outdoors and gardening, and would like a unique way of decorating an outdoor wall?
Would you like a premium wall planter that can hold up to thirty-six different varieties of plants?
If so, the Prudence Gardens 36 Pocket Vertical Wall Garden Planter is the best garden planter for you!
Don't miss out these amazing features
Make the most out of all garden space with the Worth Garden modular wall planter kit. This kit comes with 12 units each made up of 3 pockets, giving you a total of 36 pockets to grow your desired plants.
Combine them any way you like, to build a vertical garden suitable for your area. With the automatic dripping system, you’ll find it easier to make sure your plants are hydrated without over-watering.
Here are amazing aspects of this product
Why Worth Garden Vertical Planter
- worth garden six-pocket vertical hanging garden wall mounted self-watering flower plant pots
- Designed to water plants more efficiently.
- Easy to Assemble/Disassemble, just three screws will hold one set of pockets in place.
- Durable Long-Lasting Quality
- Indoor/Outdoor Use
- Perfect for Small Spaces
- The wallflower pots are lightweight so you can easily mount them on walls, balconies, or
railings without the fear of them falling.
Imagine seeing beautiful flowers bloom just outside the window hanging up on your fence. Or enjoy herbs at the perfect ergonomic height so there’s no need to bend down when you want to pluck off fresh greens for your meal.
You’ll save money while beautifying your home and living a healthier lifestyle. The Garden view planter is also a perfect option for indoor decor were seeing so many plants, flowers or herbs just feels good for the soul.
The green vertical wall planters are the best you can get for wall planters and here are the amazing features you need to check out.
Why Green Garden View Wall Planters?
- Algreen S garden view vertical planter allows you to hang your planter on your fence, deck or wall!
- The garden view includes integrated slots for customized positioning of the 3 planters.
- Create an impactful decorative garden feature to enjoy anytime you look out your window.
- The garden view can also be used indoors as a warm & decorative hanging feature just waiting for a personal touch.
- They Fit Almost Anywhere
This phoenix vertical garden offers the ultimate in modular vertical gardening systems for any living wall project, from small backyard hand-watered vertical gardens, courtyards, patios, even tiny homes all the way to fully automated corporate feature walls.
It’s up to your imagination how you would like to display your garden. Green walls, edible wall gardens, and vertical gardens have never been easier with our simple clip & create modular planters!
Using the 11 plus different layout combinations, you can make the most of a small space with the multiple layouts create a large green space. The installed frame measures 19 inches by 19 inches.
The vertical garden planter kit comes with 3 heavy-duty and many features like
Why the Phoenix Wall Planter?
- It has Multiple Display Combinations that’s Create Perfect Sizing Solutions
- You can Grow Flowers, Succulents, Herbs, Ferns, Orchids, Vegetable And More
- Very Easy To Take 1 Individual Planter Out To Replace Plants
- Suitable for Patio, Courtyards, Tiny Homes, Verandahs, Brick Or Wood Walls
- 11 plus layout options are available
- The versatile layout of design options means the Planter can literally fit any sized space.
- It's really easy to change out plants in a matter of a few minutes.
Give your wall a facelift with this beautiful modular design. Create a green wall indoors or out in the patio and expand it vertically or horizontally or in any creative patterns you like. No more worry about space issues.
An easy to install and ideal for small space gardening, Watex Expandable Green Wall gives you a creative way to grow plants. Reduce the carbon footprint and grow vertically! Perfect for summers when plants help in reducing the heat and adding moisture to your space and making it a cooling zen space for you to hang out.
The easily expandable function makes this Expandable Green Wall perfect for those who want to start small and can be expanded later on making it their own Green design wall. A perfect green screen for the patios which helps in reducing noise, air pollution and gives you your personal space without compromising the beauty.
Don't Miss Out on These Amazing Features
Why Water Expandable?
- You can go vertical, horizontal, square, zig-zag or whatever your heart desires. The options to go creative are endless.
- This is fun to grow beautiful flowers and plants. The study has shown plants help reduce stress and create a feeling of wellbeing.
- It is eco-friendly and saves a lot of water
- Expandable in both vertical or horizontally.
- Great for small space gardening
The fact that the plants are also purifying the quality of your indoor air is an added benefit. Add some pretty flowering petunias for pops of color and run the planter frames clipped together or individually diagonally across the wall.
This is possible with the brand new home oniship indoor wall planter. Enjoy your Garden View garden wherever you choose. Vertical planters are especially stunning indoors and help bring a sense of peace and serenity.
Rethink the traditional hanging plant and WOW your guests with the artsy rustic chic Home Oniship Indoor Wall Planter which provide you with the following amazing factors
- Fill your kitchen with fresh herbs all year round, or fill them with your favorite house plants.
- Ready to hang.
- Hangs just like a picture frame
- Each row (one panel of 3 pots) is sold separately
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q.) What does a green wall do?
A.) Green walls are comprised of plants that are inserted into a growing medium and then places on the walls of buildings and properties to provide greenery and the benefits of plants but using a minimum of horizontal space.
Q.) How is a green wall constructed?
A.) Follow the above-mentioned steps
Q.) What are the pants I can plant in my green wall?
A.) Any plants, herbs, flower plants can be grown.
Q.) How much does a green wall cost?
A.) It depends on the brand you choose and the product you choose
Q.) Can a green wall be constructed indoor?
A.) Yes. It can be.
Relax back and enjoy your pretty living green wall planter 🙂